Elementary English Teacher Position in Vietnam
A Bachelor's degree in Education, English or History (other similar degrees will be considered) and Teacher Certification/License or PGCE in Education from U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Australia, or South Africa. A Master's degree in education preferred. Candidates should have at least 3 years full-time professional teaching experience . Experience in student-centered, project-based learning is preferred. Strength of academic background, professional experience, interview performance, and references will be considered during the selection process.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: All Dewey teachers must
• -Support the mission and vision of our organization and schools.
• -Be passionate about teaching students.
• -Set high goals for our students and themselves.
• -Work tirelessly to attain these high goals.
• -Have strong knowledge and skills in their content area and in the art of teaching.
• -Be strong analytical and critical thinkers, willing to engage in debate discourse.
• -Be ready to be part of a collaborative team.
• -Be open to receiving coaching and support.
• -Demonstrate initiative, persistence, and resiliency.
• -Be results-oriented.
• -Be reflective listeners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PLANNING AND PREPARATION: All Dewey teachers must
• -Demonstrate deep knowledge of the content area, instructional pedagogy, and project-based learning.
• -Incorporate knowledge of students' needs including academic abilities, developmental strengths or challenges, language, and culture into the implementation of instructional activities.
• -Implement interventions, accommodations, and modifications as needed.
• -Set instructional outcomes that are appropriately challenging, clear, sequenced, and aligned vertically and horizontally within and across content.
• -Complete lesson plans based on the innovative, project-based curriculum as per the direction of the Head of School.
• -Incorporate a variety of instructional resources into teaching and learning, including materials provided by the school curriculum and outside materials to support enrichment.
• -Implement a project-based, innovative curriculum design based on well-structured units that include purposeful hands-on activities, appropriate materials, and grouping that meets the individual needs of students in the classroom.
• -Use assessment to inform planning and instruction for the whole class, small groups, and individual remediation and/or enrichment learning.
CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT: All Dewey teachers must
• -Develop and maintain strong, respectful, and productive relationships with all members of the school community.
• -Create a student-centered learning environment where the focus of instruction is on the students to be autonomous, independent, and to place the responsibility for learning in their hands.
• -Create a classroom culture that supports respectful teacher-to-student, student-to-student, and student-to-teacher communication.
• -Maintain a classroom that communicates high expectations, the value of content, and the importance of quality student work as demonstrated through the display of quality student work and instruction.
• -Develop and maintain a well-managed and well-organized classroom where there are clear structures, routines, and organization that support safety and learning. -Demonstrate a clearly defined plan for maintaining student behavior that includes clear expectations, on-going monitoring of behavior, and appropriate responses to misbehavior.
• -Maintain a classroom environment that is safe and supports the needs of a variety of learning activities.
INSTRUCTION: All Dewey teachers must
• -Deliver student-centered instruction that communicates a clear purpose, process, and is highly engaging for students.
• -Direct spoken and written language toward students that is correct, incorporates new words and concepts to stretch student vocabulary.
• -Actively engage students with high-quality questions that emphasize higher-order thinking skills while allowing for sufficient wait time.
• -Encourage and engage students in relevant conversations during instruction where students demonstrate leadership and allow for a variety of voices to be -heard.
• Design and implement activities and assignments that cognitively engage students while allowing for adaptation and ownership to meet students’ individual needs.
• -Utilize grouping (mixed-ability or same-ability depending upon the task and focus) to support classroom learning.
• -Actively monitor student understanding and performance within and beyond the classroom to inform planning and instruction.
• -Provide regular feedback to students that is constructive and supports growth and improvement.
• -Develop systems and processes that allow students to self-assess and improve performance on tasks.
• -Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to adjust lessons to meet the needs of students while also maintaining persistence in finding effective learning strategies that will support student success.
PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: All Dewey teachers must
• -Demonstrate appropriate reflection on the effectiveness of lessons or units to inform future instruction.
• -Maintain accurate records of completion of student assignments, student progress/grades/rubrics, and non-instructional records needed to support teaching and the functioning of the school.
• -Involve students in monitoring, interpreting, and acting on feedback.
• -Communicate with parents or guardians on a regular basis in regard to course expectations, instructional program, and student progress (positive feedback and concerns).
• -Engage parents by getting them involved in the school community or by attending school events.
• -Participate positively in the school community by building strong and productive professional relationships, engaging in a culture of inquiry focused on school or student improvement, providing service to the school, and by participating in school projects and special events.
• -Actively initiate and engage in opportunities to grow professionally including but not limited to participation in professional development, instructional coaching, and feedback from colleagues or administration.
• -Provide service to the profession and fellow teachers by assisting other educators and seeking to contribute to the advancement of the profession.
• -Demonstrate professionalism by conducting oneself with integrity, ethics, provision of service, and advocacy for students and families.
• -Participate in team or departmental decision-making by maintaining an open mind and acting in the best interests of students.
• -Comply with campus, school, and district regulations.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: All Dewey teachers must
• -Refer students that are struggling academically, socially, emotionally, or academically to the school-based intervention team.
• -Complete school-based documentation in a timely manner including but not limited to interim reports, report cards, student logs, incident reports, etc.
• -Provide supervision for students at all assigned times during the school day.
• -Accept responsibility for the completion of a minimum of one additional duty and an advisory course.
• -Any additional duties assigned at the discretion of their supervisor.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Visa/work permit sponsor, including spouse and up to 2 dependents
• Paid personal leave days and public holidays
• Reimbursed flight ticket and 50% costs of hotel and meals during quarantine (if any)
• KPI (Key Performance Index) bonuses
• The 11th salary as bonus for completion of 10 working months
• Professional development opportunities
• Ongoing support for new teachers, such as airport pickup, bank assistance, phone set-up, etc.
• Tuition discount for up to 2 children
Minimum Application Requirements
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
Single Teacher with No Dependant(s)
Type of Staff:
Male or Female can apply to this job
Must be western trained (USA, Canada, UK, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa)
Must be a native speaker of English
Newly Qualified Teachers are NOT considered
A Newly Qualified Teachers program is not provided
Prefer candidates with international experience
Open University qualification(s) are NOT accepted
Teachers with a degree but no teaching qualification are NOT accepted
Experienced teachers with no qualification are NOT accepted
Non-western trained teachers who have international education experience international educational institute before are accepted
VND (Vietnam Dong)
based on experience and qualification,
20-35% Tax is applied
Private medical provided
2 years contract renewable on mutual agreement
SeekTeachers™ is acting as an Employment Agency.
To apply register now, or alternatively send a CV with a photo to email@example.com
Please Note: The job description and requirements above have come directly from the employer and not from SeekTeachers.
This is an overseas position with different cultural beliefs and a segregated learning policy and as such it satisfies the criteria of
a genuine requirement for the post, under schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Call us on
UK : +44 (0) 844 357 8866, +44(0)2034550195
Australia: +61 29 1199 027
USA: +1 646 475 1753