Secondary English teacher | Teaching positions in Spain
My client is a prestigious British curriculum school for boys and girls aged 3 to 18. The school follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales and prepares its pupils for further education both in Spain and abroad. The school values both the academic and social development of each pupil through individual attention and multilingualism.
The school is committed to offer our pupils an integral education by balancing the acquisition of skills and knowledge with enjoyment and a sense of wellbeing.
After Year 11 the school offers A-Level courses and Bachillerato Modalidad courses.
A-Levels (Advanced Levels) take two years to complete. They are offered in the following subjects: English, Spanish, French, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, IT, PE, Drama, Art, Music, General Studies, Geography, History and Business Studies. Pupils study towards 3 or 4 A levels according to their abilities, interests and ambitions. In order to enter A-level, pupils must gain at least 5 IGCSEs or equivalent, at Grade C or above. Pupils should achieve a grade B or above in the subjects they wish to study at A-Level. The A-Level Handbook gives more detail and contains the application form which pupils must complete before being admitted to study A-levels.
A-Levels prepare students for university entrance in the UK, Spain and other international institutions. However, for entrance to certain courses in Spanish Universities we recommend that students choose to study, alongside their A-Levels, Bachillerato Modalidad subjects in order to prepare for the Spanish university entrance exam, Selectividad.
Bachillerato Modalidad Subjects offered are: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Applied Maths, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Technical Drawing, History of Art and Economics. Students may choose two of these subjects.
In addition to the A-Level results, the Bachillerato Modalidad results and the Selectividad exam results contribute to obtaining a higher “numerus clausus” which will be needed to access some degree courses in Spain. A student following both A-Level and Bachillerato Modalidad subjects can obtain a dual qualification.
Pupils follow the National Curriculum for England and Wales for subjects taught in English and the requirements of the Spanish Ministry of Education for subjects taught in Spanish.
Students spend approximately 80% of their day learning in English and the remaining 20% learning in Spanish.
Bachelor’s degree from a Western country
Teaching qualification from the UK or Ireland
A level teaching experience
Minimum of three years’ experience
Must hold an EU passport or a work permit visa
International experience is a plus
Must be flexible and open minded
Ability to adapt to a different culture and environment
Ability to implement technology in the classroom
Salary up to 2,150 euros per month
Settling in assistance
Tuition fees discount
2 years contract which is renewable
**Passion for teaching and the willing to assist students achieve their academic goals
**Ability to relate and communicate effectively with parents and encourage their participation in their child’s education.
**Ability to assess the needs of individual pupils and maintain appropriate records for the purpose of continuity and progress in curriculum areas.
**Ability to plan and prepare programmes of work, appropriately differentiated, for the delivery of the curriculum to children in the primary school age range.
**Commitment to a range of teaching approaches that encourage pupils to develop their full potential.
**Have good knowledge of subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching
**Flexibility to adapt to a different culture
**Effective subject teaching, pastoral care and necessary administration
**Be aligned with the values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
**Possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school.
**Have a high level of understanding of current research as to how children learn and possess the ability to motivate students to perform at their best
**Through differentiated instruction, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
**Be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
**Be aware of the principles of Understanding by Design and Assessment for Learning
**Liaise with the team and the curriculum leaders to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum tospecified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
**Participate in the design, development, implementation and review of assessment and reporting systems
Apply now to secure your position in Spain! Contact Mouyana via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +44 203 455 0195.