THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Special Opportunity in Malaysia: IB Teacher for Private International Schooling, October 2023 - April 2024
Are you an international school teacher looking for half a year's teaching adventure abroad? Here is your special opportunity as a Primary Teacher on a beautiful plantation in Malaysia:
A European family is seeking a qualified IB Teacher
, who is keen to join a Private Family/ Plantation School, for a 7-month period, from October 1, 2023, until April 31, 2024
on a beautiful plantation in Perak, two hours north of Kuala Lumpur. You will be responsible for the day-to-day education of two Primary aged
children and one Middle school
child - ages 6, 8 and 11 years. The role involves planning and conducting lessons in all subjects across the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for PYP4, PYP7 and MYP1. The children are enrolled at a European International IB school the remainder of the year.
The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience and possess a primary teaching qualification (B.Ed or PGCE). Proficient English and Math skills are a must. Experience with both Primary and Middle School of the IB Curriculum is an advantage.
The role suits a proactive, positive, independent teacher with good interpersonal skills. The teacher should be able to make teaching fun, flexible, creative and be down to earth, whilst maintaining the professional standard of an international school. It is important that the teacher has good organisational and cooperation skills, as well as being calm and able to teach three different age groups in the same classroom at the same time. Flexibility is a must, as the private school set-up follows the family’s business calendar.
The right candidate is a person who enjoys the outdoors, sports, as well as different cultural experiences, and someone who upholds good moral values. He/she should feel enthusiastic about joining in with afterschool activities and occasional events with the family, and at the same time being comfortable and independent in a calm and quiet environment.
About the Teaching Role
You will be given the opportunity to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum, following the international school’s planning where appropriate, as well as using the unique environment on the plantation to enrich learning opportunities and plan tailored lessons for three young learners.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with teaching staff at the international school, ensuring a seamless transition for your students between the two different teaching environments.
About the School
• Dedicated one-room Tree-house school inside the plantation
• Located just 2 hours north of Kuala Lumpur, in Malaysia
• PYP IB/MYP curriculum - supported by an international school in Europe
(Curriculum and lesson plan overviews supplied by the international school. Direct liaison via Teams with the international home room teachers as needed throughout the contract.)
• Possibility of joining the international school in Europe (all costs covered), at the beginning of the posting before commencing the schooling period in Malaysia 1st
• At times the family will travel to Kuala Lumpur and teaching will be conducted in Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, the teacher will travel with the family and flexibility with the teaching programme will be needed.
Salary and Benefits
• International School standard, and competitive salary
• Unique teaching opportunity and an experience for life
• Fully furnished, 3-bedroom house. Electricity, TV, Wi-Fi, and water included
• Medical Insurance
• Flights and relocation costs covered
• Use of vehicle incl. insurance (Honda CRV or similar), and a bicycle at disposal
• On site pool, gym, football pitch, badminton and tennis court, bicycle, fishing
• During holidays or family trips to Kuala Lumpur, a fully furnished apartment is provided for your use.
• Two return flight tickets for destinations in Southeast Asia for short weekend trips and holidays
• Holidays: will be fully paid and mutually agreed upon before contract begins
What to Expect Living on a Plantation and in Malaysia
The plantation offers a tranquil lifestyle for a friendly, outgoing, and down-to-earth person who will appreciate the serenity of a more than 100-year-old beautiful and well-established estate and who can see him-/herself integrate with the family and the local plantation community. The family has four dogs, so all applicants should be comfortable with this.
While living on the Plantation you will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy an active, outdoor lifestyle. You will be able to exercise and explore the grounds while enjoying the privacy of your own fully furnished private home. The nearby town offers shopping, great local restaurants, and a night market. During weekends there is ample opportunity to visit scenic attractions in Perak such as Pangkor Island and limestone caves, water rafting and hot springs near beautiful Ipoh. Malaysia is a great hub for exploring Southeast Asia during holidays and long weekends.
The start date
for the full-time teaching position will be October 1, 2023
. The first month of the contract is remote, to start planning with and if possible, visit the European International school.
Please ensure that a motivated cover letter
, a recent photograph
, and your CV,
including contact details of a reference, are enclosed with your application. The deadline
for submitting is April 28th, 2023
. Submit online or to firstname.lastname@example.org THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
For info about our plantation, visit www.unitedplantations.com