We currently seek to appoint an experienced and innovative professional who will maintain, develop and promote the Library. A professional qualification in Librarianship, information management or information science is essential. The ability to offer EPQ supervision would be advantageous.
This International School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced librarian!
Are you passionate about helping students learn, enjoy and develop their love for reading and literacy? Would you like to work in a varied and rewarding role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to make a direct and positive difference to pupils’ reading and library experiences.
As a school librarian, you will work closely with both school staff and pupils and be responsible for choosing the best resources needed to support the IB Curriculum, school projects and reading for pleasure. You will be required to buy books, advise on library layout and stock in school, and be instrumental in promoting a love of books and reading at both primary and secondary school level.
The Ideal candidate will
• Be a qualified librarian or a teacher
• Have experience of working within a Library, preferable in a school environment with Primary and Secondary students
• Have substantial experience and knowledge of the IB curriculum and the library service
• Experience of working at international school would be desirable
• Have the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels within the school setting
If this sounds like you then apply today! VL@SeekTeachers.com
As the School Librarian, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop the school library to be an attractive space for learning provision that contributes to raising standards.
• Implementing a policy for the Library which incorporates the educational aims and objectives of the school, and complies with data protection, copyright, health and safety legislation and the school's disciplinary code.
• Create and implement a strategy for library services to support the school development plan.
• Keep up to date with newly released publications to select library resources
• Maintain resources ensuring these are kept to a good standard and those which are out of date or in poor repair are disposed of appropriately.
• Manage the library budget in an effective manner to ensure best value
• Respond to enquiries and assist library users in accessing resources.
• Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and staff to high quality learning resources
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, send you an up-to-date copy of your CV to Vicky on VL@SeekTeachers.com, or call us now on +44 (0)203 455 0195
Don't forget to provide Vicky with your CV and contact details. Interviews will take place imminently.