SeekTeachers has partnered with CFBT Education Services in Brunei Darussalam. The organisation is looking for highly qualified and experienced English educators to teach in public and government schools in Brunei. We are looking for trained, exceptional, and dedicated teachers to teach Bruneian students and provide them with excellent knowledge and skills to boost their level of performance in schools. CFBT has been operating for more than 30 years. They work with schools, government, and local partners to strive for brilliance on this mission to improve and achieve English learners and increase the volume of English teachers in Brunei.
- Hold a degree in English/Linguistics/Humanities from a university
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT, etc.) – A TEFL cert with a degree is not sufficient
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification
- Be under 55 years old at the time of arrival in Brunei Darussalam due to the visa regulations
Salary Package & Benefits:
- A basic monthly salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- A two-year contract
- Contract completion bonus
- Tuition allowance is provided for schooling children
- Medical insurance
- Settling-in allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Dependant allowance
- The ability to adapt to a different culture is beneficial
- Up to date with modern teaching & technology
- UK, US, NZ, AUS, IRE, SA, CAD, and EU trained is strongly preferred
- Experience working in high-performing schools is desirable
- Commitment to encouraging all aspects of our program including extra-curricular activities and contributions to the school community
- Awareness of the importance of using a variety of tests and examinations to evaluate children’s education
- Show experience in supporting children’s education in a stimulating learning
- ICELT course and Malay language and IT training
- All teachers must have a current driving license and must be willing to drive in Brunei or be able to rely upon someone in their household who can drive
Brunei is a small country and is located on the north coast of Borneo Island, neighboring Malaysia and Indonesia, Southeast Asia. It gained its independence in 1984 and it’s a safe, welcoming, and wealthy country. Brunei is known for its tropical weather and rainforest; it consists of beautiful scenery and a modern atmosphere. Since 2016, 80.9% of the population follows the religion Sunni Islam (Muslims), 7.1% follows Christianity, 7% follows Buddhism and 5% follows other beliefs. As of 2021, 70% of ethnic groups are Malays, 9.6% are Chinese and 20.4% are others.
Brunei has warm weather all around the year so teachers enjoy that but in summer the highest temperature of 33.2 °C but there is air conditioning everywhere. Bruneian cuisine is similar to Indonesian and Malaysian food but other cuisines are available. Since it’s a Muslim country run under sharia law, the dress code is to wear modest wear and respect their traditions, customers, regulations, and religions at all times.
There are many things illegal in the country as it does follow strict laws to keep a safe and conservative environment so it’s always best to do some research and make sure you don’t unknowingly violate any of the laws.
For more information please Click Here